Sunday, 16 October 2016

The Wetherspoon's Real Ale Festival

The World's Biggest Real Ale Festival (Wednesday 12th to Sunday 23rd October 2016)


Or so the claim goes. I suppose on footfall this must be true due to the fact that there are so many Wetherspoon's pubs around the UK, but on choice of beers maybe not - although I am not complaining. This year they are offering 30 real ales, and this year I am hoping to try to sample all of them. I will be drinking third pint measures only so that I can actually get the numbers crunched.



The Sir John Hawkshaw - Wednesday 12th October 2016

Cannon Street Station, Cannon Street, London EC4N 6AP

This pub is located at the station I catch my train home from work. I have never been inside the pub before as I am not a great lover of railway station pubs, although over the last few years pub companies having been raising their game. I was pleasantly surprised by the light and airy interior and friendliness of the bar staff.

As the Wetherspoon's Real Ale Festival started today, I thought I would steal a march and get three in on the way home from work. I was a little disappointed as there was only one festval ale on. I grabbed a pint and downed it in a leisurely fashion whilst munching on a small bag of lime and chili snack bits and reading a book on my Kindle prior to jumping on a slightly later than normal train. I was assured by the landlady that there would be more ales to come over the following week and a half. On my way out I grabbed a couple of lealets to read up on what would be on offer.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) Gold Ingot (4.3%) - Banks's Brewery, Wolverhampton, West Midlands - a dry, crisp golden bitter

Unfortunately, I could not find a picture of the beer tap icon to show the brewery or beer details.

Number of visits : 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment