Saturday, 4 June 2016

The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms - Thursday 2nd June 2016

156 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7DW

I had an easy run tonight with NW and CM; we were all a bit tired for some reason and none of us had much in the tank for an energetic run. It was a good outing though and I am glad I went in the end. I got home to a nice Balti curry which, along with the exercise, built up a thirst. I called MB and as luck would have it he was up for a beer or two tonight.

We decided on the usual haunt for a few jars and some great rock music. It was a good evening and we got chatting to a few of the regulars in there to boot. They also had another Caledonian brew on which we sampled before going onto the Guinness. We both seem to be getting back into the Guinness again after many years on the ale. I am still very much primarily an ale drinker, but for the occasional session and ease of ordering, the Guinness is not that bad as an addition to our repertoire.

As a nice surprise, MB had bought me a bottle of Southwark Bermondsey Brew 1885 - apparently a very limited edition (only 80 bottles were made) ale brewed especially for a local beer fest that I was unable to attend last Thursday due to my project at work peaking the following day and requiring me to be on my best form.

I shall set aside a day soon to drink that (I am now out of work; or between contracts as I prefer to say), and maybe get round to sampling that Belgian beer (Cornet) that my friends from Antwerp bought me too. I will write a blog post for when I do so that I have a record of the pair of them.

Beers drunk on this visit:
1) Flying Scotsman (%) - Caledonian Brewery, Edinburgh, Scotland - a malty pale ale
2) Extra Cold (4.2%) - Guinness Brewery, Dublin, Ireland - a chilled dry stout


Number of visits: several

No comments:

Post a Comment