Tuesday, 31 May 2016

The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms - Thursday 19th May 2016

156 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7DW

After another gruelling run this evening I was in need of some liquid refreshment. Again, Mrs. Odo made me a lovely meal upon my return from the run and asked if I was popping out again for a pint with MB. I sent him a quick text and he agreed to meet me after he finished work at around 9pm.

I decided to start the evening off with a pint of Guinness and pretty much stayed on it all night until the end of the evening when we decided to go for a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale. The Kings Arms had changed their standard real ale on tap to Flying Scotsman, but for some reason we kept missing out on ordering it. The first pint was poured aftre beng asked what we wanted but the second pint was pulled just as we were finishing our fist pint. I think that is a good sign of being a regular.

As we left for the evening, we carried on our conversation outside the pub for about an hour. The bar staff had tidied up and bid us "Goodnight" before we decided to head on home.

Beers drunk on this visit:
1) Guinness Cold (4.2%) - Guinness Brewery, Dublin, Ireland - a chilled dry stout
2) Newcastle Brown Ae (4.7%) - John Smith's Brewery, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire - a red-brown strong ale

Number of visits: dozens

No comments:

Post a Comment