Tuesday, 31 May 2016

The Crook Log

The Crook Log - Friday 27th May 2016

Crook Log, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 8EQ

Work had been really busy to date as I have been working on a big project that came to a head today. As I was pleased to have completed about 75% of the work and I had just been paid, I thought I would treat the wife and kids to a meal out. The Toby Carvery at The Crook Log does a reasonably priced meal (carvery) just a three minute walk from home.

Whilst waiting for my wife to arrive, I took a look at the drinks menu and saw that they now stock cask ales. "Yes!", was the thought that came to mind, so I duly ordered a can of Brewdog's Dead Pony Club ale. It went down rather rapidly, so before the main course was out, I had ordered up my second can. I have learned not to go for the beer on tap (usually London Pride) as they do not seem to care for it very well and it is nearly always a bit off.

Just as we were finishing our main course, everyone was ready for another drink, so I ordered in what was required and decided to go for the other cask ale on offer; a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. They also do a non-alcoholic (well, 0.005%) can of ale, but I decided I would leave that for another day when perhaps I am at a Toby Carvery and need to drive afterwards.

Beers drunk on this visit:
1) Dead Pony Ale (3.8%) - Brewdog brewery, Ellon, Aberdeenshire - an American session pale ale
2) Pale Ale (5.6%) - Sierra Nevada Brewing Co, Chico, California, USA - a sweet, hoppy, amber ale

Number of visits: several

No comments:

Post a Comment