Thursday, 5 May 2016

11th Bexley Beer Festival - 5th-7th May 2016

11th Bexley Beer Festival at Dartfordians Rugby Club - 5th May 2016

Bourne Rd, Bexley DA5 1LW
I went for my usual Thursday evening run with NW and CM but it ended a little early as CM aggravated a thigh injury. Whilst he returned to his car, NW and I finished our run and then met up with him a little later. We had half-decided to go for a beer after the run, but in the end it was just CM and I that turned up at the festival.

The entry fee has gone up a bit since I last went two years ago (£5.50 now), but you still get to keep the souvenir glass. It was quite busy in the main beer tent, but it wasn't heaving; I imagine it will be a lot busier tomorrow and Saturday (if they do not sell out completely this year). I nodded a greeting to the landlord of the Door Hinge on arrival and CM ran into his son's rugby referee friend after we had grabbed our first beer.

As we had just finished our run we had quite a thirst on and the first drink went down a little too quickly. The second and third beers were taken at a more reasonable pace. We stuck to low strength beers on this session as we both had work the next day.

I should be returning with the other two of the Three Muskabeers on Saturday after a planned trip to a comic convention (Free Comic Book Day) at Orbital Comics to try a few more. I will most likely be trying a new rock pub (for me anyway) that is just up the road from the comic shop too, so I will report back on that part of my day out too.

Beers drunk on this visit :
1) Ruby Session Ale (3.7%) - Bexley Brewery, Erith, Kent - a great session bitter
2) Marion Pale Ale (3.8%) - Lincoln Green Brewery, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire - a hoppy, citrus flavoured pale ale
3) Dave (3.8%) - Great Heck Brewery, Great Heck, North Yorkshire - a dark malty bitter

Number of visits: 1st / a few previously (8th, 9th at least, as I don't always keep the glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment