Tuesday, 16 February 2016

The Wrong Un

The Wrong Un - Saturday 13th February

234-236 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 8AS

This used to be a very regular haunt for me. I have visited this pub with friends, family and often on my own when returning from a trip to the local shopping centre. However, over the last few years it has gone a bit downhill so I now prefer to frequent the Wetherspoons at the other end of the high street; The Furze Wren.

Today, however, there was a nice atmosphere in the pub. I got served at the bar quite quickly and was able to grab a booth to sit in to watch a bit of the rugby - the first half of the France vs Ireland 6 Nations match (I got home in time to catch the second half).

The reason for this visit was because the following day was St. Valentine's Day. I had bought my wife a lovely bunch of flowers but needed her to be out whilst I wrote the card and presented them nicely for her. I had just visited the physio for some remedial work on my ruined calves and was on my way home when I popped into a flower shop to grab the bouquet. As I knew she was taking my younger daughter to her swimming lesson that afternoon, I had a little time to kill.

I knew I could only fit in one pint, so I chose wisely. Usually I go for a weaker ale and then work my way up the alcohol strength so I can at least taste the next ale I drink without it going 'soapy'. This time I chose a lovely red ale brewed specially for Wetherspoons by Oscar Brandstrom from Sweden.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) Nausta Lapland Red Ale (4.5%) - Wadworth Brewery, Devizes, Wiltshire - a spicy, fruity winter ale

Number of visits : 1st / dozens previous

No comments:

Post a Comment