Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Two Pubs in the City

JG's Leaving Drink - Friday 30th October 2015

My manager JG has moved onto pastures new, so we went out for a beer with him to celebrate his time with us. He had a great send off at The White Swan (and a variety of other pubs near the office throughout the day), which is where I caught up with him.

The White Swan
108 Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1ES

I have never been in this pub before, but passed it on many occasions whilst working in the area. It has always appeared to be a very busy pub, and tonight was no exception. I managed to down three pints in here before I had to head off home. First up was a pint of IPA OK. I think it may have been slightly off as it tasted a little strange and I had a gippy tummy the next day. The Doom Bar (the only other ale on tap) was extremely nice though. The last time I had Doom Bar, at my local Wetherspoons, I really did not enjoy it - it didn't taste like previous pints nor like this one. I am back to putting it on my good beer list again.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) IPA OK (5%) - Long Arm Brewing Co., Ealing, London - need to try again as it may have been off
2-3) Doom Bar (4%) - Sharp's Brewery, Rock, Cornwall - a light coloured, smooth, light bitter


Visits : 1st

The Wellington
351 Strand, London WC2R 0HS

This is a pub I have not been in for ages. This was another pub, along with the Lyceum Tavern, I used to go to with my friend Graeme after work on a Friday evening many moons ago.

I popped in here as I left the White Swan as the others went off for a meal. I had a short while to kill before my train was due, so I grabbed a swift pint in here. It was very busy, but most drinkers made their way outside to the tables situated there. I still did not get a seat inside but I had a lovely pint to round off the evening along with a packet of peanuts. There was a good choice of ales on here (maybe five or six on tap), so I will book in  areturn visit very soon.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) Revival (3.8%) - Moor Beer Co., Bristol - a light coloured, hoppy pale ale
Visits : 1st / a dozen or so

No comments:

Post a Comment