Sunday, 29 November 2015

The Horse and Groom

The Horse and Groom - Friday 27th November 2015

136 Main Rd, Sidcup DA14 6NZ
Feeding a large family on a limited budget for a night out can sometimes be quite difficult. The Harvester range of pub restaurants fit this bill quite nicely. The range of food on offer is quite extensive and we have yet to have a bad meal at one of these restaurants. The nature of my work means I do not always have a regular income. However, when I do have work I always treat the family to a meal out on payday. The Harvester, Toby Carvery and Wetherspoons brands have a range of pub restaurants in many towns close to where I live, so are a first port of call when we go out. As they are all pub restaurants, they also sell real ale in a variety of brands and quantities.

On this visit, to go with my rather delicious Cornish Smoked Ribs, I had a pint of Old Speckled Hen. Unfortunately, this tasted a little off the norm (end of the barrel most likely), so I looked for an alternative for my second drink. Unfortunately, again, at the bar there was nothing else on tap (except John Smith's Smooth (please don't even go there) and Guinness), so I was at a loss of what to order until I saw the drinks menu - there were several decent bottled beers.

Beers drunk on this visit :

1) Old Speckled Hen (4.5%), Morland Brewery, Abingdon - a malty, amber beer
2) Explorer (4.3%), Adnams, Southwold - a light, refreshing blonde beer

Visits: 1st / a few previous


No comments:

Post a Comment