Wednesday, 11 November 2015

A Brief Hiatus

I have had a very busy last couple of months, so I have not been able to update the blog as often as I would have liked to. I have been out several times, but I have only got round to writing up three of the more memorable (for beers that is) trips. These write-ups will be published on the blog over the next few days and bring you up to date with my beer and pub odyssey.

I am hoping the run up to Christmas should provide me with plenty more material for the blog, as well as other reviews if and when the fancy takes me.

One thing I have not been logging is the beer I drink at home. I occasionally buy a few bottled beers from the local supermarket when I pick up the weekly grocery shopping to keep my taste buds in tip-top shape. I have had a number of beers at home recently, especially over Halloween, but as I have not made a note of them, I cannot really log them. I may do so in the future to keep the blog ticking over if I get a lull between visits to pubs and beer festivals.

I also visited some friends in Antwerp recently. Although I visited a couple of restaurants and the local gaming club, I forgot to make a note of the beers drunk. I can only remember the main stream beers, all poured from bottles; Jupiler, Leffe Blonde, Leffe Brun and a few others whose names I cannot remember. One thing I do recall though, is that they were all well above 5% abv, most being above 6.5%. All were drunk in small quantities and at a slow pace with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment