Sunday, 5 July 2015

The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn - Sunday 5th July

Riverside, Eynsford, Kent, DA4 0AE

The wife and I took the kids to see Lullingstone Roman Villa around lunchtime today. A great time was had by all but we were all rather hungry and thirsty by the time we finished. As a result we decided to grab a quick drink and nibbles at a nearby watering hole. I chose The Plough Inn as I had always had a good time on the previous occasions I have frequented the pub.

As memory served, it was just as busy this time as it always had been on previous visits in the past. I was about fifth in line to be served but the barman was very efficient, called for backup, and I was soon served with drinks for all and a portion of fries to tie everyone over until dinner when we got home later. The fries arrived very quickly (maybe 10 minutes later  at the most) even after being told I might have a 45 minute wait.

My wife has already suggested a re-visit very soon as she enjoyed the ambience and look of the main menu. I will be happy with the selection of beers on offer, and she has offered to drive!

The Plough is a Casque Mark pub and offers a range of ales and beers both on tap and in bottles, as well as a large range of lagers and wine.

Beers drunk on this visit:

1) Old Speckled Hen (4.5%), Morland Brewery, Abingdon - a malty, amber beer

Visits: 1st / several previous

No comments:

Post a Comment