Wednesday, 17 June 2015

The Rose

The Rose - Saturday 13th June

 179 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7ES

Although I have lived around this area most of my adult life, this is a pub I have rarely drunk in. There are many more pubs that have always taken first dibs on my hard-earned (more about those in later posts as I (re)visit them). That said, this is a little gem of a pub, so much better after its recent-ish renovation.

After our short session at The Broken Drum earlier in the evening, MB and I caught the bus back to the Broadway and made a snap decision to grab another beer before closing time. We decided on The Rose as we had not been there together for a long time, if ever (I told you my memory was terrible). It was bustling and quite noisy as we walked in, with sports (England vs Mexico, Women's World Cup for those who are interested) on the numerous TVs and decent rock music on the sound system. After the quiet and calm of The Broken Drum, this came as a bit of a shock. However, after ordering a beer at the bar we easily found a table to sit at and continued our conversation.

The Rose offers 5 or 6 ales and the usual pub fare.

Beers drunk on this visit:

1) Dorset Knob (3.9%) - Dorset (Jurassic) Brewery, Dorset - a light amber ale





Visits: 1st / a few previous (latest with wife for a leisurely G'n'T a couple of years back)

No comments:

Post a Comment